The Americanism & Youth Activities Committees are excited to announce the 2021-2022 Essay Contest topic is, “What Does it mean to love your country?” Entrees are due on or before December 15th. Contact Tim Luby with any questions.
2021 – 2020
“How can Patriotism be Demonstrated?”
- Eligible participants must be Students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Plaques will be sent to the respective State Associations for presentation to the winning Local Lodges.
Click the large button to the right of this year’s theme to download the application materials. All applications must include the cover page to identify the student and local Elks Lodge it is submitted to. Essay should be submitted to your nearest local Elks Lodge on/before December 15, 2020.
To located the Application packet use the hotlink below then hit the ‘Click here to Download Application Packet.’