The Veterans Committee of Lodge number 9, is committed to aiding and assisting Veterans on three levels: Elks National Funding, local and non-local organizational funding and direct assistance. We are very proud to be a part of the $70M of revenues, goods and services provided through the Elks National Foundation, equally honored to contribute on average $6-$10K towards organizational funding and most gratified when contributing to our local heroes in their time of need.
We strive to put the Veterans at the forefront of our Lodge. Individually and collectively we host many functions annually to raise funds like our annual Kayak with a Vet, Clay Shoot, BBQs, Fish Frys, Freedom Brats, a month long Elktoberfest and dinner, and sales and raffles of various items; all of which contribute to our funding vital needs for Veterans. We also obtain grants from our Elks National Organization to support special projects.
Everyone knows of a Veteran. Perhaps you are one, perhaps a family member, neighbor or friend. We strive to “have fun” in all our endeavors and should you have an interest in our Veterans Committee we certainly welcome your enthusiasm.
These are some of our past donation experiences/activities:
- Joshua Chamberlain Society donations, sponsoring Bike for Heroes and Volleyball competition.
- Visits and donations of goods, food and entertainment to local Veterans Homes.
- Hosting veterans to the St. Louis Air Show.
- Hosting and conducting annual Kayak with a Vet events.
- Hosting Sportsman Dream Hunt for Veterans
- Donations to H.E.R.O.E.S Care, Got Your Six, Six Strings for Heroes, Team River Runner, USO, Patriot Guard, Disable Veterans of America, Mission 22, Fisher House, FOCUS Marine, Wreaths across America, Pearl Harbor Fund and individual veterans in need.
We have a place for you and your ideas and welcome both. Please do not hesitate in asking any questions.
Check the calendar for upcoming Veterans Committee events.
Bart Castelli – Chairman