- The 2020 Essay theme has not been announced *
Americanism Essay Contest
A program of the Elks’ Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee, this contest is geared towards students in 5th through 8th grades to promote patriotism among young people.
“What Does Freedom of Speech Mean to Me?”(2019)
- Eligible participants must be Students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Plaques will be sent to the respective State Associations for presentation to the winning Local Lodges.
Deadline was December 15, 2019. Check back in late August 2020 for the next theme.